Cockatiels are intelligent, sociable birds that love to fly. A flight cage is an excellent way of providing your cockatiel with the space it needs for exercise and flight while also preventing it from escaping or running into danger.
We have compiled a list of the five best flight cages on the market. For more information about flight cages for cockatiels, read on!
- 1. Yaheetech Roof Top Large Flight for Parakeets Cockatiels
- 2. Yaheetech 52-inch Wrought Iron Standing Large Flight Cage for Cockatiels
- 3. Yaheetech 39-inch Roof Top Large Flight Cage for Cockatiels w/Toys
- 4. Prevue Pet Products Playtop Flight Bird Cage with Stand
- 5. Yaheetech 69-Inch Extra Large Bird Cage for Mid-Sized Parrots & Cockatiels
- Final Thoughts
At A Glance…
1. Yaheetech Roof Top Large Flight for Parakeets Cockatiels
It’s a bit tricky to buy a birdcage if you don’t know what is best for your bird. There are many models to choose from and you must consider the size of your bird to allow enough room for its movement.
The Yaheetech Roof Top Flight Cage is at the top of our list for best flight cage for cockatiels and here is why:
The Yaheetech Roof Top Large Flight Parakeet Parrot Bird Cage is a black metal large birdcage that weighs 17.8 pounds and has a bar spacing to keep your birds safe. It is roomy enough for two parakeets with the little toys, swing, bridge, and food bowls that come with the cage. The bottom door can be opened and manipulated by a clever bird. It bends easily when the bird pushes himself at the top of the cage.
- Measures 18 x 14x 62.4 inches (LxWxH) with 1cm/0.4 inches spacing in black metal.
- The 2-side opening composite doors can fit birds of any size, with 7 small doors for assembling feeders.
- It has four 360° swivel rolling casters to move the cage effortlessly.
- Convenient mechanism to moving the cage to another location or during cleaning of the area.
- Simple to use and easy to assemble with a slide-out tray and detachable mesh grate for easy cleaning.
- Each door has an arc-shaped wire to prevent the birds from opening the door.
2. Yaheetech 52-inch Wrought Iron Standing Large Flight Cage for Cockatiels
When buying a flight cage for your cockatiel, you need to take careful note of the stability and weight of the cage to avoid risking an accident or damage to the birds. This wrought-iron flight cage is made of solid wrought-iron with powder coating to prevent rusting and keep the flight cage for cockatiels in good condition.
This Yaheetech 52-inch Wrought Iron Standing Large Flight King Bird Cage is an extra-large metal birdcage with ultrastrong construction that weighs 37.5 pounds made of anti-rust hammered paint and is a favorite among bird lovers.
The simple two-door with a bar to keep it shut prevents birds like the cockatiels, African Grey Quaker, Amazon Sun Parakeets, Green Cheek Conures, Pigeons, and Parrots from escaping. Be mindful of the size of the bird that will live in the cage because if it’s small birds, it can squeeze out through the spaces of the bar.
- It measures 31.1×20.4×52 inches (LxWxH) of premium metal with hammered paint.
- The doors are secured with latches that prevent smart birds from opening the doors.
- The three wooden perches provide a sufficient place for the birds to stand and perch.
- The extra-large size has four heavy-duty rolling casters for easy movement from one place to another.
- The anti-rust hammered paint is rust and water-resistant that making the cage last longer.
- The slide-out tray made of waterproof paint allows easy cleaning with water.
3. Yaheetech 39-inch Roof Top Large Flight Cage for Cockatiels w/Toys
The Yaheetech 39-inch Roof Top Large Flight Parrot Bird Cage is described as the sweet home for small birds. It weighs 13.2 pounds with bar spacing nearer to each other to prevent the small birds from slipping out.
Ideal for cockatiels, parakeets, and finches that would love the big space. The three-level cage gives plenty of room to flutter and climb around.
- Measures 18x14x39 inches (LxWxH) and 1.3cm/0.5 inches in black metal.
- Play Center for birds with two toys, a ladder, a swing, and a wooden bar for the birds to perch on.
- The bar diameter and width are ideal for cockatiels, budgies, lovebirds, and small beaked birds.
- The pull latch and two retrains of the panel doors lock up the cage and prevent clever birds from escaping.
- The cage gives extra room and easy access to the inside that can fit a pair of cockatiels and a few smaller birds in the cage.
- The size is suitable for the home, pet stores, pet hospitals, and even flower shops.
4. Prevue Pet Products Playtop Flight Bird Cage with Stand
The Prevue Pet Products Playtop Flight Bird Cage with Stand is a large wrought iron metal cage that weighs 19 pounds and is perfect for cockatiels, parakeets, canaries, finches, conures, and budgies.
Its size and height allow them to fly not just hop. It has wheels that can easily move around any location of the house. The big doors have a smaller inset door to prevent any birds from flying out.
- It measures 37x23x63 inches (LxWxH) and 0.43 inches gap size made from wrought iron.
- It has four plastic double cups for feeding and bathing with three perches for the birds to stand on.
- There is a play top area that can be closed securely when not in use.
- The smaller inset doors attached to the two large front doors prevent birds from flying out.
- The cup doors have integrated door jams that are bird-proof escape paths.
- The pull-out grille and debris tray allows easy cleaning.
5. Yaheetech 69-Inch Extra Large Bird Cage for Mid-Sized Parrots & Cockatiels
The Yaheetech 69-Inch Extra Large Bird Cage is made from black metal. It weighs 47.7 pounds and can house mid-sized parrots, cockatiels, conures, parakeets, budgie, and finches.
It can also accommodate as many as five small birds or a large African Grey.
- Measures 31×18.3×69 inches with 0.4-inch bar spacing made from hammertone painted metal
- The three tiers are connected by ladders that expand the area vertically and give the birds enough space to climb.
- The front doors are secured with a crescent lock and a special arc-shaped wire on each small door that prevents clever birds from opening the doors.
- The hammertone paint finish is anti-rust and water-resistant making the cage durable.
- The heavy-duty quality of the cage gives it a solid foundation that will not topple over.
- The bigger spaced cage area allows the birds more movement with ladders, toys, a bungee parrot rope, and a bell for the bird’s coordination.
Birds are happiest when they have a bigger space to move and spread their wings. Among the five birdcages to choose from, two models have a very solid structure with plenty of room to move.
The Yaheetech 69-Inch Extra Large Bird Cage because of its vertical height and sturdiness, and the Yaheetech 52-inch Wrought Iron Standing Large Flight King Bird Cage for its wider width area that is perfect for birds to perch on the wooden bar.
So, The Best Flight Cage For Cockatiels: